AODA Policy At Camp kennebec
AODA – Accessible Customer Service Plan
Our AODA POLICY to Provide Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
We are committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure we train our team members and that they are familiar with the various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide to people with disabilities while they access our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities who require a certified service animal, provided:
- Owners can manage their animal’s food, hygiene, health, safety and behaviour independently
- The animal’s presence in a cabin does not create physical or mental health issues for other campers or staff
A person with a disability who requires a support person can have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
We will notify customers promptly if there is a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities that affects customers with disabilities. We will post a clear and visible notice with the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length, and a description of alternative facilities or services if available.
We provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training covers the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services including:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and customer service standard requirements
- Our AODA plan related to customer service standards
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our goods and services
- Updates to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Camp Kennebec provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail or offer suggestions verbally. All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the President and customers can expect to hear back in two business days.
Notice of availability
We notify the public via our website that our policies are available upon request.
Modifications to this or other policies
We will modify or remove Camp Kennebec policies that do not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.