Welcome to Camp Kennebec, a wonderful summer camp for kids and teens with special needs, learning disabilities, and developmental delays including autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, ADD, Down Syndrome, OCD, brain injury, anxiety, social skill and other challenges. Each summer, Kennebecers have a great time and accomplish more than they expect. At Camp Kennebec, we help our campers create the fabulous summer camp memories they deserve. We’re looking forward to welcoming your camper to Camp Kennebec this summer.
Everything you want in a summer camp & more!
Our Unique Approach
- Start with a fun, activity-filled summer camp program
- Offer individual daily schedules based on camper preferences
- Focus on participation not competition
- Ensure a low 2:1 camper to cabin staff ratio
- Create a great staff mix of teachers, social & developmental workers and enthusiastic, college aged staff
- Provide optional 1:1 academic tutoring with our onsite teachers and educators
- Offer a Leaders In Training (L.I.T.) program that teaches teens and mature campers leadership skills and builds confidence. L.I.Ts participate in all camp activities and programs
- Create a Kennebec Indie Team (K.I.T.) program for young adults 18+ that combines life and job skills training, with the best of Camp Kennebec activities and events.
- Continually improve our program with parent & expert feedback
Camp Kennebec Highlights
- A warm welcome for children and teens with special needs including Autism, ADHD, OCD, Down Syndrome, social and anxiety issues, aged 6 and up
- Overnight camp sessions lasting from 1-8 weeks. You choose the session length that works best for your family
- Spectacular, unspoiled setting on nearly 1,000 acres and 4 lakes near Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal
- Unforgettable summer camp experiences filled with fun, laughter and new adventures
- 50+ land, water and arts activities to choose from. Camper favourites include horseback riding, high ropes, water-skiing, fishing and the arts
- Exciting excursions to movies and Bon Echo Provincial Park. Campers love our overnight camping trips on our private island, theme days and special events
- Delicious, nutritionally balanced meals featuring fresh baked bread, a salad bar, homemade soups & desserts
- Accreditation from the Ontario Camps Association and the Canadian Camping Association
“When you were growing up, summer was the fun season. Laughing with old and new friends. Discovering new activities and your hidden talents. Enjoying your growing independence. At Camp Kennebec, we want the same kind of summer for your child.”
Your Camp Kennebec Directors
Rob Deman & Donna Segal